MILF by Guest Blogger and Fitness Guru – Tammy Rawstron
There is a fiery determination within each pregnant woman whose new purpose lives inside of her. She is so focused on her new role and as the little being grows her wellness becomes a priority. She is willing to push harder, breath heavier and do everything it takes to give her child a head start in life.
As a coach I have been fortunate enough to see first-hand the strength and determination within a new mother making Jo-Ann and many others an absolute pleasure and inspiration to train.
Growing a human is tough. It is demanding on your body to the point of almost exhaustion and committing to regular exercise is a sacrifice, but sacrifice means giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important and this little one is becoming your world. Let me assure you that a fitness program can only add value to the both of you during these 9 months.
With sacrifice comes reward:
• Sleep better and sleep is oh so precious now!
• Gain less weight and less gain means less to lose
• Improved body image it’s important to feel good and embrace your preggie glow
• Improved energy levels less of that lethargy feeling
• Boost your mood because endorphins are a very real thing
• Beneficial effects on delivery and post delivery recovery – this is the toughest thing you are ever going to put your body through it’ll be wise to prepare yourself
There is a fear, though,by so many that exercise will do more harm than good.
So follow these guidelines for peace of mind:
• Get a doctors Clearance
• Eat and drink enough always and especially around exercise
• Warm up gently before your session
• Don’t lie flat on your back
• Keep cool at all times: choose a comfortable environment
• Avoid heavy lifts: especially overhead lifts
• Transition slowly between exercises
• Keep moving – make it a habit – long breaks between sessions will make your sessions stressful on the body
Banana Bump Up Breakfast Blend
½ Banana Potassium normalizes blood pressure during pregnancy
Handful Baby Spinach Loaded with vitamins (A,C and K) and folate
4 Walnuts The richest source of plant based omega 3’s
1 tspn Coconut Oil Boasts antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties
2 TBLS Plain yogurt Calcium is vital in a pregnancy diet
½ Cup Ice Blocks
Water Enough for good consistency
Images by Nicky Stowe taken at 15 on Orange Hotel’s Gym in Cape Town
Wearing gym wear by fit.gymwear